A humidifier is a useful piece of equipment to have in your home if you live in a cool, dry part of the world. Finding the right humidifier can be quite difficult as most are only suitable to work on a few rooms at most, but here are the best humidifiers to add vapor back into the air in your whole house with only one machine.
Read further to find out which one will suit your home the best.
Our Top Pick for the Best Whole House Humidifier is the Aircare MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
Out of all of the Whole House Humidifiers we reviewed, our favorite is the Aircare MA1201 Whole House Console Style Evaporative Humidifier.
Designed for multi-room purpose, this Honeywell Humidifier provides top results in your home, whilst also maintaining a quiet noise when placed on a non-wooden or ceramic surface. It is currently available for around $120.
- The QuietCare humidifier has a 3.4 gallon capacity, which has the ability to add 9 gallons of water back into the air in one day.
- It is designed to work up to an area of 2300 square feet.
- Includes an adjustable humidity control with a 3 moisture setting. As well as being 30% quieter than previous models.
- The air washing pre-filter helps to trap dust, dirt and pollen, and the antimicrobial-treated filter helps prevent migration of mould, fungus, algae and bacteria, making the water completely clean.
- The downside to this is that in order to put 9 gallons of water into the air in a day, you would need to fill up the tank 3 times a day at regular intervals, which could become very inconvenient.
Overall, this is a good humidifier that helps to add water back into the air, making it more comfortable for you to breath. It has a lot of good features such as the 3 moisture settings and being 30% quieter than previous models. However, it could become inconvenient if you have to add water to it 3 times per day.
This Aircare product helps to add water back into the air for your whole home with just one machine. Its console-style allows it to work in a space of up to 2500 square feet, making it suitable for your whole house. It is currently retailing for around $100.
- Its digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with its digital accuracy.
- It automatically turns off when the desired humidity level is reached or when the tank is empty.
- It is also very easy to clean with its evaporative wick traps.
- It can produce 12 hours of moisture in a single day, depending on the humidity level you set it at.
- The only weakness we could find is that it is not very nice looking and it only comes in white, which may not fit in with your home.
Overall, this Aircare humidifier has a range of top features from the automatic turn off when the desired humidity level is reached to the ability to clean it easily, and for the price it offers very good value.
This Aprilaire product comes with a range of unique features to make sure that you get the best product available and the best features. Its digital control is one of the most unique features, and it is currently selling for around $160 on Amazon.
- It includes an automatic digital control as well as outdoor sensor, water pad, and a built-in bypass damper.
- It also covers up to 3000 square feet, making it suitable to work in your whole house.
- This unit has a water feed rate of 3.0 GPH and will deliver an evaporative rate of .5 GPH.
- The only downside is that it has a very high price when compared to others that we have looked at.
Overall, it has a number of good features such as the automatic digital control; however, it is a lot more expensive than others, and it doesn’t offer great value.
In conclusion, there are a number of good Humidifiers available for you to buy; however, the best one is the Aircare MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier. This is because it has a number of good features such as the ability to automatically turn off when the desired humidity level is reached or when the tank is empty, and it is also reasonably priced.
In at second is the Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier HCM-6009, as although it has good features such as the adjustable humidity control with 3 moisture settings, and being 30% quieter than previous models; however, you will have to fill it up 3 times a day to get best results.
In at third is the Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier, this is because that although it has good features it is quite expensive and is not really worth it.
All, three are good options but the best two are the Honeywell and the Aircare as they offer good value with premium features.